Kristi Jensen from the University of Minnesota Libraries will be presenting a talk on Open Textbooks: Access, Affordability and Academic Success on Monday, October 20th at 3:00 pm in the Bizzell Library Community Room, LL118, just across from the new Bookmark Cafe.
Learn more about Open Textbooks and how you can make a difference by adopting a free and open textbook. This presentation will provide information on:
- open and OER – what it is and what it isn’t;
- how issues of affordability can impact student academic success;
- open textbooks as a solution to affordability issues;
- identifying barriers to adoption of open textbooks and how to help overcome those barriers; and
- supporting faculty adoptions of open textbooks.
Kristi Jensen is the Program Development Lead for the eLearning Support Initiative at the University of Minnesota Walter Library.
This session will be live-streamed at http://libevents.ou.edu.